The Law is only as good as the integrity of those entrusted to administrate it.
Maurice sprayed his insight on the wall of his veterinary surgery in Guernsey, over twenty years ago.
When I last spoke to him, he seemed less willing to believe in ‘the right judges’ and ‘the right politicians’ being able to ‘sort things out’ such that The Rule of Law rules again.
In my analysis the Rule of Law and the Rule of Money have undermined people’s thinking and their values to such a degree that it is safe to always assume the worst, for people are ‘just doing their job’ – the only explanation I could find for myself to rationalise what had happened in Nazi times.
Now we are seeing how Police, Prison officers and, above all, Social Services are ‘just doing their job’, i.e. following other people’s orders.
The orders come from employers, judges, court clerks, HMP Governors and the Crown Prosecution Service.
- Maurice has been held ‘on remand’ since 22nd December
- He is not being given a reason for his arrest in writing
- He is prevented from applying for bail, for the CPS would have to state such reason
- He cannot pursue his dozen or so court cases, in particular the one to challenge South Wales Police for their twenty years of harassment, for Wales would like their own judiciary
- If Maurice was to win his case against South Wales Police, London might not support an independent Welsh judiciary…
I may have read too many Enid Blyton books when I was a girl. But I never imagined I’d have to ‘fight’ this sort of ‘adventure’: to show up people in power positions as being not just dishonest, but plainly criminal. It wouldn’t worry me, if they didn’t have the power to ruin people’s lives – without any chance of any compensation or redress!
For human rights have become meaningless. Unfortunately.